Reuters. The nationwide flag of Ukraine is seen by way of the window of an condominium that was destroyed throughout the Ukrainian invasion of Borodianka, Kyiv, Ukraine, on Could 13, 2022. REUTERS / Vladyslav Musienko
(Reuters) – Kiev says it’s pushing Russian troops again to Siviarodonetsk as fierce preventing rages across the industrial metropolis, the epicenter of Russian assaults within the japanese Donbass area.
* Sergei Gaidai, the governor of the Luhansk area, says Russian forces are blowing up a bridge over the Sivarsky Donetsk River to deliver army pressure to Ukraine and forestall help to civilians within the city of Sivirodonetsk.
* The governor says Ukrainian forces have reclaimed about one-fifth of town they misplaced.
* The Russian Protection Ministry stated in a telegram that Ukrainian forces had been retreating to town of Lysichansk after struggling “extreme injury” as much as 90% in some items throughout the battle for close by Siviarodonetsk.
Russia’s Protection Ministry says its forces shot down a Ukrainian army transport airplane carrying weapons and ammunition close to the Black Sea port of Odessa.
* Reuters couldn’t independently confirm the battlefield report.
* Ukraine scolds French President Emmanuel Macron for saying it was necessary to not “insult” Russia, a place Ukraine’s overseas minister Dimitro Kuleba says “can solely insult France”.
* Finland and Sweden becoming a member of NATO will put Russia in a troublesome army place within the Baltic Sea, stated prime US Basic Mark Millie throughout a go to to Stockholm earlier than a army train.
* Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida is about to attend a summit of NATO leaders in late June to coordinate with the West over Russia’s aggression in Ukraine, Kyodo Information reported, citing unnamed authorities sources.
* A ship loaded with steel and despatched to Russia has entered the Ukrainian port of Mariupol, the TASS information company reported, the second ship to achieve the southeastern metropolis since Russia ended its occupation final month.
* Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday denied that Russia was blocking grain exports to Ukrainian ports, saying that sending sanctions by way of Belarus can be the perfect answer if sanctions had been lifted.
* “Victory will likely be ours,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky stated in a video speech marking the a centesimal day of the battle on Friday.