This Purple Smoothie is a wholesome smoothie made with blueberries, chia seeds, bananas, and my secret purple ingredient and it’s stuffed with antioxidants.
It’s a straightforward 5-ingredients dairy-free, vegan blender smoothie with almond milk.
What’s A Purple Smoothie?
A Purple Smoothie is, as its identify implies a smoothie with a vivid purple colour.
When you may discover smoothies that get this colour with meals dyes, my Purple Smoothie recipe is 100% pure, wealthy in vitamins, and good on your well being.
Learn on to seek out my secret purple ingredient!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This purple smoothie is an ideal refreshing drink for summer time. But it surely’s additionally:
- 5 Elements
- Prepared in 5 minutes
How To Make A Purple Smoothie
Like many different smoothies, this purple smoothie is easy to place collectively.
- Banana – the bananas on this smoothie convey loads of texture and sweetness. Decide ripe bananas, those with some darkish spots that you simply is likely to be tempted to throw away. Put them within the freezer, and they could be a good base for any smoothie. With frozen bananas, no want for ice cubes.
- Blueberries – Blueberries convey a distinctively candy style. I like to recommend utilizing frozen blueberries to maintain the smoothie frothy.
- Almond Milk – choose unsweetened almond milk. I like to make use of vanilla almond milk so as to add a bit of taste.
- Chia Seeds – chia seeds convey some binding to the recipe and since they're super-seeds, in addition they convey a raft of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Purple Cabbage – Purple Cabbage is my secret ingredient. It’s a scrumptious vegetable that doesn’t alter the style of the smoothie however turns it a shiny purple. Plus it’s extraordinarily wealthy in Vitamin C, 100g of cabbage brings 95 of your each day worth however solely 4.9 grams of web carbs!
To make this smoothie, minimize the cabbage roughly with a knife. This can make it simpler to place it within the blender.
Mix all of the purple smoothie substances within the jug of a blender.
Mix the smoothie on the high-speed setting for a few minute.
Alter the feel of the smoothie with extra almond milk to make it runnier or with extra frozen blueberries to make it forthier.
For those who’re out of blueberries, you can even add ice cubes to extend the frothiness.
Smoothies are usually not recipes you can also make forward of time. For those who allow them to sit for too lengthy, the phases cut up and the heavier strong bits fall to the underside.
So I like to recommend ingesting your smoothies within the 10 to twenty minutes after you made them.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Can I Make Different Flavors?
Sure, you may change the flavour by including:
- Coconut Nectar: to make it sweeter.
- Vanilla Extract: to make it style extra like vanilla.
- Substitute the Blueberries with Strawberries: to make it darkish pink.
Are Blueberries Good For You?
Blueberries are the meals with the best stage of antioxidants which helps defend our cells from harm.
A British research even confirmed that consuming blueberries reduces the danger of sort 2 diabetes!
Is Purple Cabbage Wholesome?
Purple cabbage is a good breakfast vegetable to spice up your morning nutritional vitamins C!
It incorporates 95% of your each day worth of nutritional vitamins C – about 57 mg per 100 grams which is greater than oranges that comprise solely 89% of your DV of vitamin C.
This Purple Smoothie is a wholesome smoothie made with blueberries, chia seeds, pink cabbage, and banana and stuffed with antioxidants. It is a straightforward 5-ingredients dairy-free, vegan blender smoothie with almond milk.
Web Carbs 17.5g
#Purple #Smoothie #Secret #Ingredient #Sweetashoney